Employee Spotlight: Stefan Gfesser – VP Sales and Marketing
Born and raised in Chicago, Stefan Gfesser has always had a passion for new business development, marketing strategy, and sales management. After graduating from St. Leo’s College in 1977, he began his career working and managing three specialty furniture stores in the Chicago suburbs. In 1985, Stefan was hired as Trendler’s National Sales Manager, bringing his eight years of experience to the company as it began global sourcing and expanding its influence on the world demand for U.S.-made furniture components.
- Q. Tell me a little more about your role. What does a typical day look like?
- My role as VP of Sales and Marketing has really transformed within the past four years. In 2016, Trendler began shifting our marketing activity and strategy. I took proactive steps towards our marketing goals with the development and launch of the new Trendler website. The new website represents our company’s updated look, brand, and voice. I also work on our email marketing campaigns to digitize our prospecting efforts and communication. We moved away from direct mail to digital campaigns to drive awareness around Trendler’s brand as the key supplier of the complete chair and the complete barstool. I am proud to collaborate with our 60 employees, 200 customers, and 200 vendors daily.
- Q. What makes you excited to come to work every day?
- I wear many different hats every day, and I always emphasize developing my team, individuals, and employees into leaders. I consider myself a servant leader in helping fulfill people’s needs, trying to make a difference in their lives.
- Q. Outside of the office, what do you like to do?
- I enjoy spending time with my family. My wife and I have been together for 40 years, and she is my best friend. I also enjoy being active, golfing every Saturday with the same group of friends, and taking long walks with my miniature schnauzer, Roxie.